Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Unrelated Thoughts

I love my Blogging Friends. Sarge is finally of the opinion that "Blogspot smokes Tumblr" and Scratch is breaking up with himself. Bella got her kitty back and her computer fixed. The way things are going, I may have to send her a box of Calgon to take her away. Either that or a gentleman with oodles of money willing to support her in the style she deserves. Since I'm flat out of gentlemen with oodles of money, she'll have to make do with the Calgon. Sorry Miss B.

Photobucket

Since I'm no longer sick and no further mice have entered our home, Hubby's sense of humor has returned. I caught him apologizing to Butterscotch over our attitude towards him when he tried to serve Mommy breakfast in bed. Since he was in the same bed with me, I can't figure out why the breakfast in bed was intended for me. It's probably one of those situations where good Butterscotch is his and naughty Butterscotch is mine. I sometimes wish I could be as funny as he is. Shhhhh, don't tell him I said that.

Photobucket

Maybe it's me and my brain isn't functioning as well as it used to, but I can't figure out why the drivers behind me don't seem to understand that they can't go faster than I do when I'm in front of them. I'm no slowpoke driver, but I tend not to go more than a couple of miles over the speed limit. Simple commonsense should tell them that if the sign says 30 miles per hour and I'm in front of them doing 35, they can't do 50 without running over me.

I was on the boulevard technically speeding although I was keeping with the traffic. This guy behind me was so close I could see him shaking his fist at me. It's a four lane, I'm level with the guy in the right hand lane, I need to be in the left lane to make my turn. The guy in the right lane turns off into a parking lot and the driver behind me makes his move. He zooms to the right, and zooms again to the left so soon I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him. He was so involved in his rage, he didn't see the cop pull out of the line behind him. Yup, his ass got nailed. My only regret is that after the scare he gave me, I had to make a left turn before I got to drive by his sorry ass. I almost think I'd have flipped him the bird.

Photobucket

I was so sick on Monday and so tired that I didn't watch Dancing With The Stars. I caught the Results show and was sorry to see that Sugar Ray Leonard had danced his last dance. The show last night opened with the song "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith which I found interesting. It was done with a solo violinist, although in this case it would be more apt to call him a fiddler. It was interesting but so disturbing on so many levels.

Photobucket

Yay! It's Hump Day, and I survived so far. How has your week been going?

11 comments:

  1. Cats:
    I like big, black, Toms...


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, some great observations indeed...you already know how my week is going as you have read my latest post....Yes, it's hump day and I feel as if I'm the one getting humped. LOL........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarge,

    My cat is a nice big orange cat, neutered. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAB,

    I told you how to handle that one. Time is money. If she's got the money, you've got the time. Right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry:


    actually the break up went smoother than I had originally anticipated.. Me & me are still friends. no restraining order required. have a great weekend Sherr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skinny,

    Yeah, I hear that!

    She's 19 or 20, and tends to be immature from what I see. I suppose that results in the TMI statements she makes. I hope she's the next to go and not Chris Jericho. For a wrestler, he has a few decent moves. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. John,

    Mice to see you and thanks. It was a one day bug of some kind. I can handle those with little problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scratch,

    So, the morning trip to the mirror wasn't as awkward as Skinny thought? Nice to know, but I'm still stuck with a Neil Sedaka ear worm. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry,
    I could probably offer up a cure for the Sedaka problem but I'd rather remain friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. O,

    It was actually Sedaka himself that cured the problem. Hubby was channel surfing and landed on an infomercial for rock and roll love song CD's. It was hosted by a much older and rather gayer in behavior Neil Sedaka himself, AND he sat down at the piano and actually played the song. CURED! LOL

    ReplyDelete