Just checked my Twitter and discovered my Progressive Friends bitching about Pres. Obama's decision to allow off shore drilling for oil, keep GITMO open for a few more months and our involvement in Libya in an attempt to establish a no fly zone. Imagine their surprise, since they think they're in tune with what America wants, when they read the latest Politicususa blog. It appears that 67 to 69 percent of Americans agree with those three decisions. As a matter of fact, according to a poll in the Wall St. Journal, where Mr. Easley gets his numbers for that post, the only decision of Pres Obama's last 5 decisions they don't agree with is staying in Afghanistan.
As the blog pointed out, these favorable figures a year away from an election don't add up to "one term president" as the Progressives and the GOP seem to believe. You can read the post here if you'd like:
Now that I'm all caught up with the news about how badly Pres. Obama is handling things, I'd like to turn my attention to more important things.
1. Bella's kitty came HOME!!!! Three cheers for King Fuzz. Hip, hip, hooray! (Say it two more times please).
2. Organic turkey breast lunch meat at $1 an ounce tastes like...wait for it...turkey breast lunch meat. About the same flavor as Sara Lee, which I'm told isn't as good. Apparently I have fried taste buds or something. Even the cat wasn't interested and he LOVES turkey. Whoo Hoo! Look at all the money I'll save by NOT buying it again.
3. If I plan on getting my Spring Cleaning done before Easter, I'm going to have to start it this weekend. I am so not looking forward to removing everything from the kitchen cupboards and washing everything down. I absolutely hate washing windows. However, I really, really love having a spanking clean home at Easter time. Ok, the truth is, I'd love to have it that way all the time, I just don't really, really love doing it.
4. We are expecting temperatures to finally reach the 70's by this weekend. I am washing my Spring coat as we speak. I should say I am washing the Spring coat that has hung in my closet for the last 3 years because it wouldn't fit on my body. IT FITS! YAY ME! I am accepting all offers for a pat on the back since I'm going to have to save my strength for the Spring Cleaning. *sigh*
5. Since the doctor doesn't want her patients pigging out on ham due to the preservatives and salt involved, we are having turkey breast without the Thanksgiving trimmings this Easter. I am on the hunt for some interesting veggie side dishes to make up for the lack of stuffing and such. I am having cranberry sauce because Hubby won't do without it, and mashed taters and gravy of course. Everything else is going to be different...somehow. Haven't figured it out yet, but I'm working on it.