Monday, May 2, 2016

A Visit with Miss Dorothy

Miss Dorothy is the energetic manager of the Natural Health Center where I buy the nutritional supplements that my doctor prescribes for me. She is all about organic, healthy habits and something called earthing. Earthing is going barefoot to stay grounded to the earth and absorb it's energy. Around here you could find yourself with Lyme Disease if you do that. Ticks are all over the place and can attach to the bottom of our feet. However during our conversation she made a couple of admissions about her own habits that aren't always 100% healthy.

She leaned into me conspiratorially and whispered that when she wants something she has it. She claims if I don't make a big deal out of it and deny myself what I want that I won't upset myself and then binge on it. I'm more than willing to try that. And she sold me an expensive small bag of Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate. One piece equals 60 calories and it's good for us. Bitter, but healthy. One piece to be eaten when the chocolate craving happens. Even though it's not a milk chocolate and super sweet, it will work to curb the craving.

I definitely will need to keep the computer shut off until I have finished whatever my daily goals are. I lose track of time and spend far too much time sitting when I could be doing. Even getting up and going to do something while the computer is on doesn't leave me sufficient time to do everything I want to do.

I had to go replenish my fruit and veggie supply today. It's been raining all day and my arthritis is painful so I didn't get around to washing everything off the way I normally do. If I had gone when I planned to instead of sitting online, I'd have had the prepping all done by the time I started supper. First thing after breakfast dishes tomorrow I will be washing and slicing my bounty. I hurt too much right now to stand long enough to do supper dishes tonight and clean the produce.

And while I'm sitting in front of the computer tonight, I might buy myself a pair of Kalso Earth shoes with negative heels. I had a pair in the 70s. They were ugly, clunky looking things that were the best most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Miss Dorothy gave me the information that they were still being made and could be purchased online at a website she gave me. I may wait and go to the shoe store in New Hartford that she says also carries them. If I can justify to myself spending $150 dollars on a pair of ugly but comfortable shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment