Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Life In My Neck Of The Woods


My husband has a sense of humor and so does his oldest daughter-in-law. She asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he told her he wanted a 6 foot tall blonde back scratcher. She came close. Barbie is probably his favorite gift. He keeps her propped in the chair there. I have to move her or the cat when I want to sit in the living room when he's stretched out on the couch. I always feel bad when I move the cat, not so much when moving Barbie.

I had taken some pictures of the neighborhood a couple of weekends after we moved in.


I was taking this picture and something started moving in my field of vision. It was a weird sensation because I couldn't really see anything except movement. So, I zoomed in to see if there was anything there that could move or was I hallucinating.



One of the few remaining Fall days they could be let out of the barn after milking. We had the first snow storm just 2 days after I took those pictures.


It hung around until Christmas which gave us the first truly white one in a couple of years. It made shopping so much more fun except for the crazy drivers trying to kill me. I don't go fast enough for them. One of them was trying to force me to move faster by tailgating me. I started ignoring him and when I finally looked in my rearview mirror, he was on the other side of the road trying to turn his car around. Odd how he stayed off my bumper after that. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the cows :-) Living in town, I don't get to see sights like that unless I take a drive out in the country and then I am driving so I can't get pictures though I suppose I could stop if I wanted to.

    Not sure which I laughed harder over, the Barbie back scratcher or the rude drive behind you having to turn his car around. Haha, serves him right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Kitty was curling up for a nap in the chair and Barbie attacked him. He fought back and now she's not attached to the scratcher. And her hair is a mess. I found a place for her to hide until I can fix her back up again.

    The day the guy spun out, I was traveling 10 or so miles under the speed limit because there was a wide swath of slush on the road between the tires. I have sense enough to know that going around a curve and catching a tire in it can cause problems with control. He found out the hard way and needed to count his blessings that he didn't wind up in the ditch.

    ReplyDelete