Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day



I have no clue what I did wrong, but it must have been something since the quotes that I chose to add to the post with these images didn't show up. I suppose it doesn't really matter, except for the Erma Bombeck quote that I'm going to add after I'm done with my paragraph. If it won't show up then I give up and will spend the rest of my day hoping that the trouble I had here this morning is not a portent of how the rest of my day will play out.

"You have to love a nation that celebrates it's independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."  Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

  1. Peaches, love the peaches more than the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireworks ain't bad either...


    Bests,

    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fringe,

    Yes, peaches are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarge,

    That firework display caught my eye because it's arranged to look like a bouquet of flowers. I made a mistake with using the cupcake, though. Every time I look at it, I want one. LOL

    ReplyDelete