Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Paintbrushes Won't Leave Me Alone

From the standpoint of design elements that go awry, the following picture has more than it's share. However, despite the oh so many wrongs, I love it.


What I need to do is paint out the center tulip and bring it up higher on the piece, then I need to lower the bud on the left side of the picture. It's dreary out so that's a good job for today.

I've also begun a kitten in a teacup picture on the wood plaque that I had prepped for work. I've positioned the kitten and teacup and begun the wash of background color. 


Kitten will be gray and I'm planning a white teacup with light pink rose motif.  Behind the kitten will be stems of leaves and flowers in light blue and lavender. That is metallic gold painted framing and I plan on adding gold trim to the teacup. 

These will be the two pieces to work on this week and when I'm waiting for paint to dry on these pieces I will be working on the glass bowls and I'm going to try my hand at upcycling tin cans into Easter/Spring floral containers. Another idea I had for the tin cans is summer containers for picnic items like plastic dinnerware and napkins. A tip to Dollar Tree for flowers and plant pokes for the floral containers and whatever else I can find to put in them is on the schedule for this week.. I probably should also price shrink wrap and ribbon for the containers used for things other than florals. 

I still need to seal these pieces but they look so nice on my shelf without varnish that I'm loathe to go and varnish them. I need to do that so they're easier to dust, maybe sometime this weekend when the paint has cured to the clay. We'll see. 




4 comments:

  1. Oh they look very nice there ! You did good Sherry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While at the Dollar Tree, I discovered a 4 foot ivy leaf garland. Bought one home, cut it in half, stuck 1 end in each pot and just let it trail onto the shelf. I no longer feel the shelf needs anything else. I have my apple scented jar candles on each end of the shelf and that seems to be enough.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes less is better. I bet the garland looks nice, adds that final touch :-)

      Delete
    3. It seemed to be just enough for the shelf after I did that. Sometimes things work best when we know when to stop.

      Delete