Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Snapdragon Years

 photo draggin.gif Yeah, THAT kind of Snapdraggin'
I'm there already and I'm not old enough to retire yet. Well, almost, but that doesn't count, does it?

I was reading an article about the 9 common medications that cause chronic fatigue. Guess who takes 2 of them? And, of course, they're the first 2 medications on the list. Lisinopril and Toprol. That's a double whammy right there.

I'm not complaining, mind you, well, not much anyway. The alternative is not taking them and having a blood pressure high enough to blow out my veins. When you look at it that way, being really, really tired now and again doesn't seem quite so bad. On the other hand, when I say really, really, I really mean it.

You know those warnings on medication containers that say "Do not operate machinery unless you know how this medication will affect you."? I'm sure you don't pay any more attention to them than I do, right? Well, I have started paying attention since I found out what chronic fatigue feels like. If you've never had it before, the first episode can be frightening. You start aching all over, legs turn to jelly and you feel like the next step will find you lying on the floor. Half an hour of sleep and it's like it never happened. Except you know it did and you're scared it will happen again at the wrong time. Like when you aren't at home so you can take that nap. Hasn't happened yet, but...

The information for these medications say that these episodes are your hearts way of responding to the medications and once it gets used to it, the symptoms cease. That's a bold face lie. They never cease, you just don't have them as often. Which is perfectly fine by me because that way I don't get those not so gentle reminders that I'm getting old.
  Willie Nelson and SNOOP DOGG???? The really strange thing is that I like it. That's the part of me that's snapped. Trust me, it WILL happen to the rest of you sooner or later. Heh!

4 comments:

  1. Willie and snoop? TOGETHER?? For Reals?? must be the weed.. By the way.. Where did you get my Picture?? that's exactly what I look like at 4:00 AM every morning before work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Willie and snoop. When I first heard about it I was like MEH! Then I actually heard the song and was all WHODATHUNKIT?

      As for your picture, welp, there was this place called Blogstream and it was rife with thieves and other characters savory and unsavory. However, this pic came out of my photobucket. Where I actually do have a pic of you. Giving the rest of us the finger. Sadly, photobucket deleted my pics of Mr. P and the rest of the tomb inhabitants.

      Delete
  2. Great Willy inclusion: I think your fatigue has to be more than the meds. You need to get checked out - definitely stress can sap you.
    take care
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is a side effect of Toprol. It slows the heart rate down too far, so she cut the strength in half. Now I don't get the jelly legs, just achy and tired depending on what I've done during the day.

      Delete